Monday 27 April 2009

Ozploitation Month And How You Can Take Part!

Ok so for awhile I've been tossing around the idea of focusing on one group of movies for a whole month, in a celebration of a particular genre of films and for awhile it was a close run thing between either "The Films of Sonny Chiba" or "Creature Features" both of which I would still really love to do at some point, but for the first of these genre dedicated months, starting on May 1st I have to decided to go with "Ozploitation Month".
This idea having been heavily influenced by the documentary "Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!" (2008) which I finally got around to watching this morning and provides a great look at some of the classic films of Ozploitation genre including "Mad Max" (1979), Roadgames (1981) and "Thirst (1979) aswell as some awful movies like "The Howling 3 (1987), with interviews from various directors, crew members and cast, as well as commentary from fanboys like Quentin Tarantino, James Wan and Leigh Whannell



So yes I will be looking at a whole bunch of movies, which fall into the Ozploitation genre, over the month as I attempt to track down cult classics as well as the films that are probably not remembered with good reason.
I'm also opening it up to my fellow like minded blog writers and readers of this blog, to submit your own reviews, essays or just random collected thoughts on the genre and in return I will link to your blog, in return for a link back in very much the same way that the "Final Girl Film Club" works, which will also be responsible for a temporary departure from the theme, as I will once again be joining in the fun of the film club, by looking at "Amityville II: The Possession" (1982) which is the Final girl film club pick for this month.

So if you want to submit something during Ozploitation month and join in the fun and get some free publicity for yourself, either post the link to your contribution in the comments box or drop me an e-mail @ red_dragon@techie.com.

In the meantime I urge you to check out the documentary, as if the trailer caught your intrest you will adore, this facinating and fun documentary, about one of the lesser known genres of cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...